Monday, April 29, 2019

Third Letter Home - Charles C Ward

Dear Henritta,
   
                   It’s been a rough year but we finally won. Although it came with many casualties, this war has proved that every every win has a loss. I look around and see my many brethren dead on the battle field. I was thinking about giving up but on the day we first gained freedom, eighty seven years ago, Lincoln has inspired me with hope once again. I want to come home and see you but after this grueling battle I cannot leave knowing my fellow soldiers are still fighting for a United nation.
                                                                                                   - Charles C Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment

A letter home

Dear Emily,              The union has gained more land and are doing amazing in the war, this might actually me my last letter to you beca...