Friday, April 12, 2019

A second letter home- Theodore Parrott

Dear Emily,
             I wish I could have the pleasure to ask you about life at home and how you and the kids and Dad are holding up, but quite frankly, I don’t have time to write a long dear letter because of how stressful things have been and need to get to the point quick to fill you in. Much has changed since last letter, we had the first battle and civilians with picnics even came to watch, it was an experience unlike any before, at first we thought we were gonna win with our great strategic scheming but it didn’t end up that way. Our plan was discovered, by some horrible spy we think, and the Southerners stopped it. It was so, extremely terrifying, I truly thought I wouldn’t survive. People all around me were dying. It was unlike anything that we have experienced up North, especially in our area. But that’s exactly why I’m fighting this war, so no one else in this family will get drafted and might have to.
Sincerely, Theodore Parrott

No comments:

Post a Comment

A letter home

Dear Emily,              The union has gained more land and are doing amazing in the war, this might actually me my last letter to you beca...