Wednesday, April 24, 2019

a third letter home -Theodore Parrott

Dear Emily,
          How are you? How are the kids? How is father? I’m so sorry it’s taken so long to write to you, but I’ve been so consumed in the war. You know how much I believe that this cruel slavery must be stopped and I feel like we are finally at the point that we have a chance of beating the confederacy and I have to be all in to accomplish that. At the battle of Antietam, General McQuellan was a complete idiot and was so hesitant, putting our win at jeopardy, but at least we didn’t completely lose, it was a tie. We got a new general thought, and I think he might bring the union to a victory to end slavery for good, for the border and seceded states.

-Theodore Parrott

No comments:

Post a Comment

A letter home

Dear Emily,              The union has gained more land and are doing amazing in the war, this might actually me my last letter to you beca...