Monday, April 8, 2019

Letter Home- Stephen Taylor

Dear Larry and Sara,

The war is going well. We really haven't seen any major battles yet. Our general is having us do many things. We were told to learn as much as we could about the South, such as there population, financial resources, and even what their flag looks like! I suppose it makes sense. One must always learn as much as they can about their enemy. The troops are being pretty rowdy. They were badmouthing the South all, calling them names and slandering their abilities. So much so, that the President himself had to remind them that even in war, one must respect their opponents. I guess they are just restless and ready to fight, and I guess I also share that sentiment. It's getting kind of boring and we all want to see some action, although I've never been much of a soldier, as you know. I guess that's why I became a surgeon. But enough about me. How are you? How's the dentistry business going Larry? And Sara, how's school? I hope you're finally getting your grades up! Hopefully, the South will see how much better we are military-wise after our first battle and surrender so I can return home soon. I'll write again to you soon.

Sincerely,
Stephen Taylor

                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

A letter home

Dear Emily,              The union has gained more land and are doing amazing in the war, this might actually me my last letter to you beca...