Sunday, April 7, 2019

Letter Home - Nelson McCook

Dear Mary,

How are things holding up at home since I left to join the army? I've been at boot camp for about two weeks now. I haven't been deployed yet. I really do miss you and the kids, but I also very much miss your fantastic cooking. The only thing they feed us here is slop for every meal. If you could write back please tell me how my father is doing. Is he okay? I'm very sorry for leaving you guys, but you know why I have to do this. Slavery is inhumane and unjust, and I want to help it become illegal. Anyways I hope to came home and see you again.

                                                                                                       Sincerely, your husband,
                                                                                                                        -Nelson  McCook
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

A letter home

Dear Emily,              The union has gained more land and are doing amazing in the war, this might actually me my last letter to you beca...