Sunday, April 28, 2019

Letter Home/Blog Post #4 - Nelson McCook

Dear Mary,

I know I haven't wrote to you in quite a while, but I want to let you know that I am okay. I just came back from a battle against the southerners, and let me tell you, they are vicious. Even though we outnumber them, they find ways to keep besting us. The good news though is that the tides are turning, we have finally won a battle against the rebels. It was the battle of Gettysburg. Since General Jackson, a Confederate general has died, General Lee is lost without his as his right hand man. They grow eager to win against us, but that is there weakness. I do believe that we have a chance of finally defeating the south and ending slavery along with it. Apart from that, it has been hard living out here, eating only slop, and losing my comrades, and the people I holded dear at camp. I have seen so much that can never be unseen, and that I fear will leave me scared for life. Anyways, are you holding up good at home? I hope that you are. I do miss you all. Could you say hello to the rest of the family for me? Could you also tell my father, the news and how I am doing? Thank you.



                                                                                                       Sincerely, your husband,
                                                                                                                        -Nelson  McCook
     





No comments:

Post a Comment

A letter home

Dear Emily,              The union has gained more land and are doing amazing in the war, this might actually me my last letter to you beca...