Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Last letter home

Dear Larry and Sara,

Even though we finally did what we set out four years ago to do; defeat the rebels, no one here feels much like celebrating. As I'm sure you've heard by now, President Abraham Lincoln has been assassinated, and soldier morale is low. We should be going home soon, so this will most likely be my last letter to you before we finally meet in person again. The war has been horrible. I've seen so many of my friends die, I may never be the same. Physically, though, I am fine. I was treating the wounded soldiers, so I was never out in the actual front lines. The war has been going on for so long, I'm glad that it's finally over, even if it did cost a lot of lives, including our president's. I hope to see you soon. Stay safe.

                                                                                                                                     Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                     Stephen Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

A letter home

Dear Emily,              The union has gained more land and are doing amazing in the war, this might actually me my last letter to you beca...